Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mediterranean at Kazbar

An early dinner has its disadvantages. You're bound to get hungry again, and soon. So we headed to Orchard Road, the street famous for its malls, and a matching nightlife. Opposite the Orchard Central is the Cuppage Terrace, a clustered establishment of multiple joints serving a wide range of cuisines. I'd primarily come here to taste the Hoegaarden beer - a Belgian wheat beer renowned for its smooth taste and regarded as an original classic. We settled down at the Mediterranean food joint, Kazbar.
Mediterranean food is no stranger to me, and India, and I've visited several places serving this delicious cuisine back home. This time around, we ordered the mix mezze platter and kibbeh to go along with a large jug of Hoegaarden beer. The platter was a combination of hummus, moutabel, babaganoush, cheese borek and falafel, while the Kibbeh consisted of ground lamb and crushed wheat, stuffed with mince meat. I don't know if it was just me, but the Kibbeh didn't really go down well, and I could manage just two pieces. The platter, on the other hand, was quite well done and added to the delicious taste of the Belgian beer. I was told that this beer is now available in India as well, but as I'd experienced with Corona in the past, it would be a while before a pint would be affordable for most. The beer definitely left a wanting taste in my mouth, and is really tempting me to take up a study on internationally brewed beers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment